MySafe:LA is working neighborhood by neighborhood to build readiness and awareness relative to the constant near-year-round threat from wildfire.
Taking Action in Los Angeles
MySafe:LA is working directly with residents to teach them about proper preparation for wildfires, and is also partnering with the Los Angeles City Fire Department and other agencies to create important readiness and evacuation training relative to wildfires. We’re focusing on three key components:
The Los Angeles Wildfire Resilience Alliance
What Residents Will Learn
- How to create your own “wildfire” action committee
- Why “rebuilding” actually starts before the fire
- Avoiding the worst place you can be in a wildfire
- Assisting with developing an NFPA Firewise USA site
- Assisting with becoming a California Fire Safe Council
- Training in certified CPR, Evacuation, Resilience
- Roles & Responsibilities (you and first responders)
- Beyond Ready, Set, Go
- The best tools to secure your family’s safety
Let Us Help You Prepare
It’s easy to become confused about wildfire – there’s so much information and much of it is highly technical. Understanding home hardening, escape planning, sheltering in place vs evacuating, and so much more is essential for anyone living in the Wildland Urban Interface, or WUI. If you’re interested in a collaboration, we’d like to hear from you.